Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  17 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

I want to add a trustee to a trust, Iowa, Separate revocable

I want to add a trustee to a trust
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Iowa
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Separate revocable trusts for me and wife
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need forms to add trustees. Right now we are trustees but the forms don't have ourselves listed as trustees on our spouses form

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If you want to add a trustee to a revocable trust, you just need to prepare an Amendment to the trust and state the change in trustees as a directive. Then you sign and date and have the Amendment notarized and physically attach it to the trust and deliver a copy to the new trustee and that is it..

.

It is a pretty simple process and if you want a generic Amendment template, you can go to a site like USLegalforms.com and purchase a standard template for a small fee. Then any time you want to amend the trust, you have the template to do it.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much