Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I need a US lawyer to answer a question in California.

Customer Question
I need a US...

I need a US lawyer to answer a question in California. Unless you believe you can help.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No Ma'am.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am trying find out if an Affidavit of Surviving Spouse or Next of Kin has to be filed in Court for it to be acknowledged by the Police Department.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

California. My son's wife passed on July 09, 17 & he needs the Police Report.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/13/2017
Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 9 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

He needs a copy of a police report or he needs to make a police report? Please explain?