How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a US lawyer to answer a question in California.

Customer Question

I need a US lawyer to answer a question in California. Unless you believe you can help.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No Ma'am.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am trying find out if an Affidavit of Surviving Spouse or Next of Kin has to be filed in Court for it to be acknowledged by the Police Department.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: California. My son's wife passed on July 09, 17 & he needs the Police Report.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

He needs a copy of a police report or he needs to make a police report? Please explain?