Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I have a will made in 2010. I have now all assets in POD or…

Customer Question
I have a will...

I have a will made in 2010. I have now all assets in POD or TODD. All left is worth under $75,000. Do the POD TODDs over ride the will made earlier. The beneficiaries are the same - all divided in third to 3 children. Do I need the will and probate?

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

MY message disappeared. Why? I am inMinnesota.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Will, POD TODD and personal property under $75,000

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Will my will be valid or worthless?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/13/2017
Estate Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

This is attorney Bill offering assistance to your will estates and inheritances question today.

Non-probate assets include POD accounts and deeds that transfer upon death automatically.

Because these are non-probate assets they will pass outside the will even if mentioned in the will.

Under the circumstances it would be advisable to rewrite a new will to effect your new circumstances so as not to create any confusion among relatives and in the future.

No, the will is only needed for assets with no designated beneficiary.

We are here to help.

Please follow up with me where you require additional clarification or information.

In return remember to rate positively today.

This gives me a credit for my response and answer to you.

You do this by rating 5****, 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer