Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I am co-executor of an estate. My estate attorney and

Customer Question
co-executor had a private email...
I am co-executor of an estate. My estate attorney and co-executor had a private email followed by a phone call which I was unaware. Once I found out I asked for a copy of the email which was eventually provided, however, I have been unsuccessful in getting the attorney to answer my question as to what was discussed during the phone call. She refuses to answer me even though I have sent her almost 10 emails. Don't I have the right for a response from her and what can I do if she refuses? This seems like bad conduct on her part.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/12/2017
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 11 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Yes you do here and if she does not provide it I would seek to terminate her services.You are a co executor and she should not be exempting you from such communication.She was hired to represent both co executors not one.If you have too its time for a new lawyer.To me thats a deal breaker it looks like lawyer is taking sides here.I would set that out in a demand letter and see if you get it or not.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.