RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

I am co-executor of an estate. My estate attorney and

Customer Question

I am co-executor of an estate. My estate attorney and co-executor had a private email followed by a phone call which I was unaware. Once I found out I asked for a copy of the email which was eventually provided, however, I have been unsuccessful in getting the attorney to answer my question as to what was discussed during the phone call. She refuses to answer me even though I have sent her almost 10 emails. Don't I have the right for a response from her and what can I do if she refuses? This seems like bad conduct on her part.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Yes you do here and if she does not provide it I would seek to terminate her services.You are a co executor and she should not be exempting you from such communication.She was hired to represent both co executors not one.If you have too its time for a new lawyer.To me thats a deal breaker it looks like lawyer is taking sides here.I would set that out in a demand letter and see if you get it or not.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.