Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  17 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

Need a probate attorney that deals with inheritance,

Customer Question

Need a probate attorney that deals with inheritance, probate. Texas
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I can not afford attorney just want to know our rights and not try to get shafted out or our share of my husbands dads will. Feels like we are getting the run around since my husband has been in the hospital. I know there were 7 kids total one of which sister died but the kids always give the passed sisters share to her daughter.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: probono attorney that can help us in case they try to bully us out of something with his will. I want to know our rights and entitlements.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My husbands dad passed away while my husband was in the hospital. He has a lot of assets. He was a owner/operator or manager of a major car dealership in the north texas area (Arrondale Ford off of 360 near six flags) He sold the dealership to ***** *****. Since his passing I know the day of at least two of the kids said ok dads gone where is our money. I know he would have left money to all 7 of his kids from the 1st marriage and the grandkids. He also has kids from another marriage but none are the biological children. The first 7 are his. One of the daughters has passed and in any family even they always make sure her daughter gets her share of what her mom would have gotten. We have two kids and there is only 7 grandkids on this side. I just want to make sure they do not overlook his brother because hes still in the hospital nor our two kids. How can I make sure or find out if anything about this. I don't know anything about PROBATE.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I ask if they have heard from Beverly it always feels like they are trying to keep me from that info. Maybe its because I use to be there brother ex but we have gotten back together due to his health issues and him needing someone to help take care of him and our two boys. I know if Brian my husband was awake he's already long been asking ?'s to make sure his kids got there share.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also same with my family I know my dad had a will but my step mom says no and I feel as though the stepkids got everything. We are his biological kids and got nothing.I also have an uncle in Chicago who was a millionaire and left all the nieces and nephew some cash from the sale of a multi unit apartment complex. He never had any kids so he set it up to go to his nieces and nephews would should have gotten at least 10k a piece so Ive been told by my cousin. She asked one day if any of us kids got money my grandfathers brother left us we all said no and she never got her's either
.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Just so we are clear here... JustAnswer doesn't provide legal representation for customers... it is not a law firm.. The attorneys on the site are not employees of JA and provide legal information and answer customer questions..

.

So if you have specific questions, I am happy to help answer them to help you figure out the process and what you need to do, if anything..

.

Can you tell me how long ago husband's father passed?

.

Do you know if anyone has filed a formal probate case in court to be appointed to settle his estate?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This February 2017
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is an additional 59 plus the 5 $ im suppose to get credited???
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What was the first thing I paid for if I cant get the advice I needed?
Easier you tell me here I can write down anything I might forget.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you helping in the US?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can not afford any more money my husband has been in ICU since January. Still to this day they do not know what is wrong with him and he is trying to wean off the vent if they don't F something else up with his care. First in coma from intabation, then wrong size trach three times desatted coded so many times. Iv blisters on feet, Turniqets left on arms three different times. Then dropped out of ambulance transferring to LTAC. Nursing home rehab changed custom trach and had to go to ER in Texoma moved to Dallas for another three weeks stay because they f ed up by changing custom trach when I told them it has to be ordered they did it when I was not there. So we've been through HELL.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Just a minute while I respond to each of your questions..

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

You would have to pay additionally for a phone call. Those offers come from JA, not me personally, and I don't do them.

.

I can address all your concerns via this online chat feature though, so don't worry..

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

If the father passed in Feb of this year, then someone should have filed to open a probate case to settle his estate by now.

.

The case would be filed in the county probate court where he lived and those are all public records. So you can get a copy of everything that has been filed in the case to see what is going on.

.

TX requires an attorney to assist, so there would have to be an attorney overseeing everything as well as the probate court judge, so the likelihood of husband not getting his legal inheritance is virtually zero. No attorney is going to risk his law license to try to steal from your husband's inheritance.. And the judge is overseeing everything to make sure the law is followed.

.

So if there is a will, it would determine who gets what so your first step should be to send a certified letter to the executor of the estate and ask for a copy of the will and anything that has been filed in the case.. Probably an inventory of assets as well by now..

.

Or you can go directly to the probate court and have the clerks make a copy of the entire case file so you have everything..

.

Then you will be able to see any will and who the father left his assets to and how they are to be divided.

.

Then you need to make sure that the executor has all your current info, address, phone numbers, email, etc. and tell them that you want to be kept informed as to what is going on with the estate.

.

.

thanks

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much