How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7414
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is a trust fund child and his mother will not let

Customer Question

My husband is a trust fund child and his mother will not let him put me his wife as beneficiary only his son we have been married for 20 years he has a will and his mother is the one who met with the attorney to have it written up then had my husband sign it and at the time he was drinking and since has had rehab and longer drinks can he change his will and put me as the beneficiary that is what my husband wants to make me 50% and son 50%. she has never liked me so this is personal. I need help she doesn't even want me to have a home if something should happen to my husband and there is millions of dollars we are dealing with.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Missouri but we now live in California... to get away from the witch.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: this is his fathers trust not hers she has her own and she convinced him while he was drinking to give her control
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that was 3 years ago
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

Whose trust is it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
His fathers who passed away and he is the beneficiary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can send a copy of the trust, My husband would like to talk to you he know much more then I do........ but it would be in an hour or so can he call you then?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are you in Missouri ?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

No. Illinois.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Did you wish to continue?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i really need to talk with someone in misourri
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

I will opt out. Do not respond to this message or it will throw the question back in my queue and delay a Missouri expert from responding.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon. I am another expert here at JUST ANSWER. I will be happy to discuss this issue with your husband on the phone. I have extensive will and trust experience and I think I can discuss the legal issues with him, even though I am also not in Missouri. I doubt that we have any lawyers, based or admitted to practice Missouri.