Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Need advice from a will lawyer about the trustee and the

Customer Question

Need advice from a will lawyer about the trustee and the beneficiary
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Wa state
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I am the beneficiary of the will and my cousin is the trustee.and I have the will and a copy of the will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i need advice on what my rights as beneficiary are when decisions are made without my knowledge
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

As the beneficiary, you are not entitled to make decisions about the estate....and the trustee is not required to consult you about the decisions that are needed to be made.

HOWEVER, if your trustee is not following the terms of the will or if the trustee is not acting in accordance with his fiduciary duty (duty to do what is in the best interest of the estate and beneficiaries), then you can file suit against the trustee and ask the court to remove from that position.