Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My mother is going into a nursing home and in her will has

Customer Question
left me the house. My...
My mother is going into a nursing home and in her will has left me the house. My brother has power of attorney and will have responsibility for her financial responsibilities. If the house is sold what happens to my inheritance?
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: Canada. Brother is currently seeking responsibility for finances.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I do not have a copy of the will. Currently no documents.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/10/2017
Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Michael Bradley

if the house is sold prior to her passing and it is specifically given to you in her will and it is no longer there upon passing then you would not receive anything.

if he has POA then it is his right to sell the property if necessary

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney