Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  17 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

I received my mother's Estate Inventory it is saying she had

I received my mother's Estate Inventory it is saying she had less money then I believe to be the case. How can I contest it, how should I state it?

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You would need to file a formal written objection with the probate court as well as with the executor of the estate. The judge would then schedule a hearing on the matter and ask for any records from the date of mother's death and what has happened to it since then.

.

The court can also request records prior to death to see if any money was improperly taken by someone who had access to the funds, like a POA or legal guardian.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you give me a Template for the formal objection letter.

I can't provide legal documents to customers as that would imply an attorney client relationship. However, the probate court clerks should have a standard template for a motion to object for the probate court.

.

If not, you can literally just write a letter to the presiding judge in the case setting out your concerns and asking for him to inquire into the matter further with a hearing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do I send a certified letter to the Judge, the Estate Lawyer and the Executor?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do I send a Certified letter to the Judge, Estate Lawyer and Executor?

It doesn't have to be certified, but yes, those 3 parties...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will a Judge every make it so a beneficiary can see the original sales of a property, bank statements?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will a Judge ever make it possible for a beneficiary to see the original sale price of a property or bank statements?

Potentially if there is enough evidence of something funny going on, the judge can enter an order to provide financial records from when the decedent was alive..

.

But you can always get property sale information from the local land records office as that is all public info.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In the Inventory it states the Executor dId use Estate monies for his own benefit. He had a Mobile home removed off property he inherited at the expense of the estate. Is this appropriate?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also, monies were used to repair his mobiLe home. He did repair other beneficiaries mobile mobile homes but not to the extent of what he spent on his mobile home is this appropriate?

.

no. not unless the estate owned the mobile home.

.

.

No, he can't use estate money on his own personal property.