Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My 93 year old mother owns her home free and clear, upon her…

Customer Question
My 93 year old...

My 93 year old mother owns her home free and clear, upon her death it is to go into her living trust. Now she is not able to be on her own and she would like to deed the house to 2 of her children, how do we do that

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Just the living trust when my dad was alive

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have a total of 6 children but she wants it to go to just 2

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/8/2017
Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Good morning and thank you for using JA.

All she needs to do is prepare and sign a quitclaim deed listing the two children as grantees.

Then the signed deed is recorded with the county recorder's office.

You can prepare one at the following link and print it out for execution:

MO QUITCLAIM DEED

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Did you have further questions? Please let me know if I have answered your question.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Attorney