Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

I am a beneficiary to a trust made in Illinois. A change was

Customer Question
made to the trust that...
I am a beneficiary to a trust made in Illinois. A change was made to the trust that was not signed, but was notarized. I would like to talk to a lawyer.(###) ###-#### Richard RIzk
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: the will, the death certificate showing cause of death was vascular Dementia about 2 years before death and parts of the living trust.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He claimed the his then wife and current trustee was holding him against his will during a trip to Poland about the time of his change to the trust. I don believe , i think he was delusional. BTW: I am also an Illinois lawyer. I am now a personal injury lawyer in Oregon. rizklaw.com
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/7/2017
Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

ok.

The trust binds according to its terms. If a change was made after signing, it has to be executed in the same manner as the trust. If that was not done, the change is not valid and would not be enforced unless a court finds the party intended on doing so, which is an exception to the rule.

far they wont provide the original trust and the first amendment to it because they say it was revoked by the unsigned but notarized third amendment made when I think he may have been suffering from dementia. What do I do?

You are entitled to view all of the documents to determine what rights exist and not accept their representations. This can be accomplished by a lawyer letter demanding it with deadline and/or filing a court action to compel production and an accounting.

Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
I now have the entire trust documents. I will review and will have more questions later

No problem. do you mind rating me positively at this time?

In due time
Fair enough. if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.

checking in. did you have a follow up? Is my reply acceptable?

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney