Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

We have a revocable living trust now, We want to make an…

We have a revocable living...
We have a revocable living trust now, We want to make an amendment to it - add a son that's all - also make simple restriction added to the trust. Nothing else. What price range can I expect to pay doing this here in Miami Dade County ?
8/17/2017
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. You do not need to re-do your entire trust agreement. Rather, you can make this change by doing an Amendment. In the Amendment, you can reference your original trust agreement, state that other than the changes in the Amendment all terms and provisions of the original trust remain in full force and effect, and then specify which provisions of the original trust are being changed. You want to have the Amendment signed, witnessed, and notarized in the same format as the original trust. Then, make sure you keep the Amendment with the original trust so whoever gets your trust at your death will know the Amendment exists. You can do this yourself or you can seek the guidance of a lawyer, but you are not obligated to engage a lawyer to do this for you. If you do ask a lawyer to do it, you should be able to get this done for a few hundred dollars.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, Attorney

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/ . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.