Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

When there is a revocable living trust for a husband and…

Customer Question
When there is a...

When there is a revocable living trust for a husband and wife and one passes away is any new property placed in the trust after the first trustee passes away still titled in the full name of the trust which contained both spouses names?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The trust contained both spouses names and all property in the trust is titled in that way. I am not sure what you mean by filed or reported. The property was jointly owned so the surviving spouse retains full ownership.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/16/2017
Estate Lawyer: Jessica B,
 replied 11 months ago
Jessica B

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed estate attorney. I hope I may be of assistance with your issue. Do you have a copy of the trust document?

Estate Lawyer: Jessica B,
 replied 11 months ago

You have to look at the terms of the trust, but generally speaking, assets may be added to a revocable trust, in the same name as the original trust, even if one spouse has died.