Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

What are my rights to see my moms will and/or living trust

Customer Question
full papers JA: Estate laws vary...
What are my rights to see my moms will and/or living trust full papers
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: She is in the state of Florida, I live in CA
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Don't understand the Q..
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My sister is the ex of the will and I don't trust her to fully disclose all
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Estate Law
8/15/2017
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

Is mother still living?

.

.

thanks

Ok, then while mother is living, those documents are completely confidential and only mother can decide who gets to see them. She can alter or revoke them at any time up until her death, at which point they would become fixed and an heir would have the right to request a copy of them once any will was admitted to probate. They would have a right to a copy of any trust immediately upon the death of the maker.

.

So right now, you don't have a legal right to see the documents unless mother allows it.

.

.

thanks

Sorry, I just noticed this was a Canada law question... have to opt out in favor of a Canada law expert.

Actually the best moderator in the world just contacted me and said this wasn't a Canada law question at all and it was miscategorized..

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney