Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

3 years ago my mother passed away leaving no will or trust.

Customer Question
My mother owned property that...
3 years ago my mother passed away leaving no will or trust. My mother owned property that had a 35,000 mortgage still remaining.My sister and I verbally agreed to go 50/50 On the property. Since this I have paid for probate to be done but my sister has not signed documents to finalize. Plus she has cut all contact with me. I am paying the mortgage payments and living in the home while I maintain and bring the home back to livable condition. I have paid over 1000 just to clean the property, paid the fire taxes and paid for everything I have had to fix so far. Now my sister is saying she will not sign papers and that the house is to go to my oldest son. What do I do?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Estate Law
8/6/2017
Estate Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do or say in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer,if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.