Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Attorney 2, can you answer my questions below? I sent a

Customer Question
Attorney 2, can you answer...
Attorney 2, can you answer my questions below?I sent a Notice of Intent to Appeal the Beaufort County, SC Probate Ct.'s summary and final judgments.1. If I rescind my appeal, may I go back to my timely filed Motion for a new trial?
2. If that does not provide the relief I believe I should obtain, may I then re-appeal?
3. If I end my actions on my claims as such, will I get stuck with the estate attorney's bills?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Estate Law
8/4/2017
Estate Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question.

I can help, however, I am unavailable today.

Ok. Since you're unavailable today, I'll await your answer. Meanwhile, I am going to submit my questions for a second opinion because I'll be unavailable all day tomorrow. I hope that's ok with you.
A2, I added a little to my request for 2nd opinion as follows:
I sent a Notice of Intent to Appeal the Beaufort County, SC Probate Ct.'s summary and final judgments. The process has gone no further than the Notice and application fee.1. If I rescind my appeal now, may I go back to my timely filed Motion for a New Trial which is onhold due to the appeal intent?
2. If that does not provide the relief I believe I should obtain, may I then re-submit my Notice of Intent to Appeal?

I am going to opt out as I will not be back online for longer than I first anticipated. Thank you.