Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My uncle passed a way and we had a farm and a ranch which he…

Customer Question
My uncle passed a...

My uncle passed a way and we had a farm and a ranch which he supposedly assigned administrator who is not in our family who decided to assign two excutors to the land. Now the executor decided that they will cut the rest of the family out.

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Farm is in powell wy and the ranch is in red lodge mt. As far as I know ever since I was little with other sisters and brothers this was supposed to stay in the family

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

We have some letters from our Mother, I guess we could get out grandfather will and uncles trust paper.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
8/3/2017
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

Do you mean uncle owned a farm that he left to someone not in the family in his will?

.

Your comments are a little confusing... an Administrator is the same thing as an executor, just without a will. They petition the court to become the rep of the estate to settle it if there is no will. If there is a will, then the person is called an executor and is named in the will..

.

What is your legal question I can help with tonight?

.

.

thanks