Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

If I'm divorced now and have land in both mine and my

Customer Question
If I'm divorced now...

If I'm divorced now and have land in both mine and my exhusbands name still what happens if he dies? It was missed in the divorce settlement!

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Tennesse

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

The title is in both our names

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just need to know what happens if he dies as he is real sick now

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

Do your deeds state you own it as "joint tenants" or as "tenants in common"?

.

Who was supposed to get the property in the divorce?

.

.

thanks

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney