Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

If 70% of the tenants in common are opposed to hunting on…

Customer Question
If 70% of the tenants...
If 70% of the tenants in common are opposed to hunting on the property, can one tenants allow someone to hunt on the property in spite of the objections of the majority of the tenants?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Estate Law
8/3/2017
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 11 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

All have equal access to this, they own undivided shares.The only legal remedy here in Texas is a suit for partition.The court can order it divided or sold and proceeds divided.This is the only way to resolve it otherwise any owner can allow their friends to hunt or use it.This is the problem with tenants in common you own undivided interests and all have equal rights here.

With a suit for partition the costs including legal fees are paid for equally by all , they are taken from the gross sales price so that all share equally in expenses and the net after costs.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Reference

http://www.lonestarlandlaw.com/Partitions-of-Texas.html

State bar has lawyer referral to sue for partition

Contact us by phone:(###) ###-####(Toll Free), Monday - Friday, CST, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The call-in service is closed on legal holidays.