Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Can a house which is not paid for be put intoi an

Customer Question
Can a house which...

Can a house which is not paid for be put intoi an irrevocable trust? If so how?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any legal documents been drafted or filed?

Yes, I have set up a trust already

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate planning laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can a contract where a 2nd party has purchases property and I hold the contract be put into the irrevocable trust?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Estate Law
8/2/2017
Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Loren, Attorney

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Are you asking if you can convey a partial interest you own as, say, a tenant in common with someone else, into an irrevocable trust?