Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

Does a spouse's inheritance pass to his or her surviving…

Customer Question
Does a spouse's inheritance pass...
Does a spouse's inheritance pass to his or her surviving spouse if there was no will?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Estate Law
8/2/2017
Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

The answer to your question is yes. If a person dies without a will they are considered to have died intestate. What this means is that the state will begin procedures to distribute the property of according the state law. In Most states, if a person dies without a will and they have a spouse, then the spouse will inherit everything.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer