Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My brother and myself are sole heirs to my late father

Customer Question
Hello, my brother and...

Hello, my brother and myself are sole heirs to my late father estate. Have questions about the handling of the estate by person handling it.

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the assets in question? Have any documents been drafted?

A house and contents and some cash small estate. Documents have been filed. Except the order to sell assets. We are not happy with the way things are going.

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate planning laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Vermont. I guess really i need to know can we change the person handling this?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Estate Law
8/2/2017
Estate Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank you for posting your probate law question today.

It is possible to request the removal of the executor/administrator of the estate if there is mismanagement of assets, undue delay or breach of fiduciary trust.

You will need to file a petition in the probate court for his/ her removal and can also petition for a full accounting of estate assets.

Thereafter the court may appoint a new administrator.

"

§ 913. Death or removal of executor or administrator

When an executor or administrator dies, resigns, is removed or his or her authority is extinguished, the remaining executor or administrator may execute the trust. If there is no other executor or administrator, administration may be granted to a suitable person."

Please follow up with me where needed.

We are here to help.

In return remember to rate possitively.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4****, or better

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today

Thanks

Attorney Bill