Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My mom passed away sept222016. She appointed a friend as…

Customer Question
Good morning, my name...

Good morning, my name is***** my mom passed away sept222016. She appointed a friend as trustee, I am wondering what he should get paid. This is his first time doing this. I have requested monthly statements from the bank. I have a bad feeling everything is not on the up and up with him. And still have not received the statements. I noticed in my bank statement that the rent check I send every month was cashed and not deposit red like it is suppose to be. Now I have to go through all my bank statements and xee how many times this has happened. I talked to the bank and she told me to write deposit only on the back. Sorry I kind off got away from the question of how much should a first time trustee get paid

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

I live in california. And she lived in oklahoma. Will the trust help me with attorney fees

Lawyer's Assistant: Have the trust documents been finalized? What are the basic terms?

Yes. Everything was to be split between my brother and i.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I I think that's enough to start with thank you so very much.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/2/2017
Estate Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Michael Bradley
Barbara
There is no simple answer as to how much a trustee should be paid. A big factor is how much work is involved and how much time is spent on the matter. Another factor is the size of the trust that they are managing as well. A lot depends on your experience in handling these types of matters as well too. I have seen a lot of Trustees get paid a hourly rate based on the amount of work that they end up doing. Anywhere between 100 and 150 an hour based on their experience in the field. In some rare cases of trustee may be paid a percentage of the trust size but that is usually in the situations where it is in large size trust in the person who is the trustee has a large role in its management
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer