Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
17897874

My mother has a quit claim deed that is signed by herself

Customer Question

My mother has a quit claim deed that is signed by herself and my brother. It says they are husband and wife. Does this make the quit claim deed null and void since it is incorrect?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
Be aware, however, this is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. The offer is not from me. There is no obligation for you to accept the phone call offer, unless you want. While I am happy to speak to you, if you wish, I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
Merely mistating the marital status would not, in and of itself, render void an otherwise validly executed deed which is correct in every other aspect, since marital status is no a required element of a valid deed.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.
Did you have further questions? I am happy to continue if you do.
Otherwise, have I answered your question?
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!