How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42898
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father died 6 years ago in New Jersey, even though his

Customer Question

My father died 6 years ago in New Jersey, even though his will is in New York State. There are properties in Louisiana and Florida. My half-sister is executor and me and my half brother split it 3 ways. Now they had a second will but could not find the original that cut me out of the Florida property. They wanted me to sign a release, but my lawyer said not to and that they could even probate a copy of the second will. It's been six year and they REFUSE to tell me why they won't even Probate, no less sell the land. What could they possibly be planning by not probating? Something just smells bad.
JA: What are the assets in question? Have any documents been drafted?
Customer: Land in Louisiana worth between $200,000 to $300,000 and a house in Florida worth $80,000, which I would give up if they just would probate the damn will and sell the Louisiana land. They pay the taxes on it. Are they just waiting for me to die? I don't get why they won't talk to me.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's the story in a nutshell. I want to know if there is a way to get me out of the will somehow?
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

You may consider your own lawyer to file for probate.Your lawyer can force production of the will and you may be appointed executor since they haven't done anything. You may start with a NY if that where the will was.You don't have to wait for them your lawyer can force probate and sale of all properties.

You can get this moving yourself

Lawyer Referral and Information Service
1(###) ###-####br />

Need an attorney in NYC? Call(###) ###-####/p>

Only you can represent your interests here and open probate yourself with your lawyer.

I appreciate the chance to help you and wish you the best here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.