Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My deceased husbands mother died without a will, co-owner of

Customer Question

my deceased husbands mother died without a will, co-owner of a zoo in Oregon. Do I have a right to claim inheritance for my 3 kids and if so, how long do I have to make a claim? (her grandkids)
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oregon
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have never wanted to cause issues in the family but my husbands brother took over the family business and apparently is the owner now.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want this to stay confidential.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Was your deceased husband the natural father or adoptive father of your three children?

2. When did she pass?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience. I look forward to assisting you.

Doug