Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My deceased husbands mother died without a will, co-owner of…

Customer Question
My deceased husbands mother...

My deceased husbands mother died without a will, co-owner of a zoo in Oregon. Do I have a right to claim inheritance for my 3 kids and if so, how long do I have to make a claim? (her grandkids)

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have never wanted to cause issues in the family but my husbands brother took over the family business and apparently is the owner now.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want this to stay confidential.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Estate Law
7/28/2017
Estate Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 11 months ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Was your deceased husband the natural father or adoptive father of your three children?

2. When did she pass?

Doug

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience. I look forward to assisting you.

Doug