Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
17897874

My uncle was appointed executor of my fathers estate in

Customer Question

My uncle was appointed executor of my fathers estate in which I am the sole heir. The entire estate was to have been turned over to me at the age of 30. I am now 33 and trying to get him to turn the estate over to me. He is in agreement, however he is not getting it done. What can I do?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I don't know what you mean?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: No I guess there's nothing elseq
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

You would want to retain local counsel and file a motion in the probate court for an accounting from the executor and also alleging the executor has breached their fiduciary duties.

The court can sanction the executor for failing to distribute the estate and award attorney fees and damages for breaching his fiduciary duties. He could be personally liable.

The court can also remove him as executor and appoint a successor.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!