How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42865
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are in California. My mother and father have a will and a

Customer Question

We are in California. My mother and father have a will and a trust. The power of attorney is outdated as they want to change the agent who is currently my brother. Can we make both my mother and my father who are married the principals on one power of attorney, and myself and my sister as agents in case one of them become incapacitated.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The power of attorney has not. I am not sure about the trust and the will. I do not believe so.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

Here mother and father each get a separate POA.They can each name you as agents.Assuming you get along with your sister this would work .But each individual has a separate POA you cannot combine them to one document.

Free forms

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.