Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  17 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

The Receipt and Release form my sister sent to me via a

Customer Question

The Receipt and Release form my sister sent to me via a lawyer in New York state (I live in California) did not have an accounting. Additionally, the wording on the receipt states I have "no disability" when I do. Isn't there more modern language they can use for the Receipt. I am well known in the disability community in SF and would never want to say I have "no disability".
JA: Does the disability limit any major life activities?
Customer: It fits under the ADA definition affecting major life activities including employment, transportation and self-care.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What kind of expense is involved in getting this help?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

"No disability" just means that you are not mentally incompetent and able to make decisions for yourself legally. It doesn't mean a physical disability.. So if you have never been declared legally incompetent by your doctors or a judge, then you are not under " a disability" in the sense of what this means..

.

But you are under no legal obligation to sign the form and can demand a formal Accounting, which the Rep would then have to provide.

.

..

thanks

Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much