Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

Can a house be rented out to a non family member that is on

Customer Question
heir property JA: Since estate law...
Can a house be rented out to a non family member that is on heir property
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: This is MS
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: We have documents showing that this is my grandmother's estate. The railroad is getting 1and1/3 for development. Their are about 19th heirs to this land, who have all received subpoena. So we all have supporting documents with our names on them.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Estate Law
7/24/2017
Estate Lawyer: Expert James, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Attorney

I'm not sure I understand what is going on here.

There are 19 heirs to the property and you and you want to know if one of the heirs can allow someone who is not an heir rent property on the estate?

I have a cousin who mother was the last of four children, who repurchased the home house that burn down. The house is own the estate land. Her mother purchased this house and put it on the estate land. Can this house be rented out to a non family member with ties to 19 heirs

Who has ties to 19 heirs?

And is the house on the portion of property owned by that aunt?

The aunt is deceased and only the children which are the 19 heirs are living. My aunt house is on the estate property which we all are heirs to. My aunt replaced the home house that burn down and put it back on the estate property.

And you want to know if a nonfamily member tenant can live in the house?

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney