Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

Second opinion] My mother in law recently passed and me and…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My mother in...
Second opinion] My mother in law recently passed and me and my father in law has been trying to pay the mortgage off form a collection agency that bought the loan (Bay-view Loan Servicing) that recently bought the note They refused to talk to me at first because she was the only person on the loan so we sent the amount on he bill that stated was owed and the next day the called and wanted more money because t hey said it was not the right amount. 21 days later they refunded the money. On June 26 2017 i revived a letter stating the loan was paid in full and on July 20 2017 we were told they need the money back and charged us late fees to payoff he loan. Is this legal practice
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Estate Law
7/23/2017
Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

No, it is not. You cannot be told one minute that the loan was paid in full, but another minute being charged for late fees. You should file complaint against the servicer with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Click here to file your complaint.

Goodluck with your case,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law