How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42834
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Father died and we have poa and a will. what kind of lawyer

Customer Question

father died and we have poa and a will. what kind of lawyer does this kind of stuff
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: dad was in arizona and we live in washington state. don't know if dads lawyer is still alive
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: death certificates poa and a copy of will/trust. have 1 sibling and need to set up a trust and split estate
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: never done this and am starting to research
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

Hi you need an Arizona probate lawyer in the count where your father deceased.They would help you make application to he legally appointed executor and to administer the estate.This consists of gathering assets, paying claims and taxes distributing whats left to the legal heirs.Expect this to take about a year start to finish.

Lawyer referral

Pima County Bar Association  

5.01 Google review

Law firm in Tucson, Arizona

Located in: Transamerica Building

Address: 177 N Church Ave # 101, Tucson, AZ 85701


Closed now

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

You can call either of these on Monday and get probate lawyer referral.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight, sorry for your loss of loved one.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.


Probate is the term that describes a superior court proceeding in which the court appoints a personal representative of the estate of a deceased person who is responsible for the following tasks:

  1. Finding, collecting and making an inventory all of the assets of the deceased that did not transfer automatically on death and that remain titled in the name of the deceased.
  2. Paying the last expenses of the deceased, if any.
  3. Filing the last tax returns of the deceased and paying any taxes (if necessary).
  4. Distributing the remaining assets to the heirs of the deceased:

a. As provided in the deceased’s Will, or
b. If the deceased does not have a valid Will then as provided in the law of intestate succession of the state in which the probate occurs.

Probate lawyer runs roughly $2,500-$3k here and takes about a year.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

If you have more follow up please just ask I know this can all be a bit overwhelming.