Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My father died May 2016. My step-mother hasn't contacted

Customer Question
My father died May 2016...
My father died May 2016. My step-mother hasn't contacted myself or my brother. Frankly, we aren't seeking money but we are seeking a couple sentimental items of no monetary value. Never had my father die before so I'm curious where to even start? He had two pensions - she can have those. It would be nice to be entitled to items he promised and possibly willed to my brother and I. He loved us, and never would have left this Earth without making sure we remembered him. Step-mother is spiteful enough though.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/15/2017
Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Please, let's proceed. Especially if there's was a will, and we were never told.
She is required to account for any will and all assets and file with the court. You may press for the full and transparent disclosure.Initially counsel should demand this locally.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney