Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

We are looking to subpeona bank records for a probate case

Customer Question

we are looking to subpeona bank records for a probate case in order to prove my bro in law and sis in law are not hidding money from their mothers estate there has been evidence pointing that way
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: new york
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: her brother sent a copy of an account he said was his but it clearly has the sis on it as a co owner and it has a IRA my mom in law told me that she had while she was still of sound mind
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the POA they had is suspect because medical records prove mom in law had end stage demensia before the POA was signed
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 3 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions do you have? By the way, the system will automatically ask for a phone call. By no means are you required to accept it.