Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My mom was just diagnosed with CKD and she wants to get her

Customer Question

my mom was just diagnosed with CKD and she wants to get her estate in order.she has co trustee has more power than sucessor trustee. my mom and are extremely close and she wants to make sure that i dont have to go thru legal stuff she said if she makes me co trustee that in a sense whats hers is mine, i hate talking about this subject because she is my mom and my best friend.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: i have revocable living trust and and then she made up an ammedment where she then made me co-trustee, she claims that then i dont have to go thru all this paper work after she dies. i think she going to live another at least 9 years, she wants to be able to transfer royalties to me.because these royalties are very complicated they date back over 100 years. I dont like computers my mom she is really good at it sorry this question is so long. is there a shortcut type of will where her wishes are followed but cannot be challenged by another sibling this is my moms idea
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: f my mother has always had a tendency to say one thing and then do the other. which is fine, But she wants to make sure that i am taking care of Were meeting with this gal at charles schwab tomorrow and how do you know when a will is ironclad? I have trust issues and i know she means well, but she could change her mind i moved her into my house four years ago and she was so seceretive, and lt likes mom its your momey now she is open about giving my loser brother help which is fine its her money but for two years she would i am not helping me. i just want peace of mind and this is my mothers idea cuz she is scared about this ckd dianosisi
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?