Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My father died two years ago. The executor of his estate

Customer Question

My father died two years ago. The executor of his estate told us we had to wait until April 2017 before anything can be done but I fear that she purposely made us wait until actually nothing can be done. My question is two parts. First is it too late? And second is she allowed to pay land taxes on land that has nothing to do with my brother and I out of our share of the money? My father gave her several Acres two years before he died, so four years ago now and exchange that she would take care of him and he can live there until he died. She has used the excuse that there is no money left because she has paid her land taxes with it. How do I go about getting her to pay us our share, she's supposed to be divided equally between my brother and I.? I wanted to sue her but it was $500 just for the filing fee and I have no money. Please help
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.Counsel can pursue case on contingency fee basis and front costs.I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.Would you like a lookup directory which you can quickly use to find a local lawyer to handle your case?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No. I cannot afford one. I need advice because I have no money. When my father died, he had $200,000, and it says in his will my brother and I are to each get half. The executor, my dad's nurse, says there is no money left because she used it to pay the land taxes on the Acres my dad gave her two years before he died. Am I right in thinking that this should have nothing to do with The Inheritance my brother and I were supposed to receive
Your share should be reduced.
A lawyer on contingency can pursue it for you and charge you nothing except for percentage from recovery.Would you like a lookup directory which you can quickly use to find a local lawyer to handle your case?
Correction. Your share should NOT be reduced.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No lawyers here will work on contingency for probate/trust cases.
You may pursue with aid of the court clerk as well.Is the answer clear?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not really clear as to the time limitations
It is timely. Should be pursued within 3 years.
Is the answer now clearer?