How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking at your trust info because I was receiving SSI

Customer Question

I am looking at your trust info because I was receiving SSI When my parents died and My atty told me I could still receive SSI and Medicade benefits if I opened a trust. I did and put all my assets in the trust that I inherited, including selling my grandparent property in PA and land in PA and my house in MD. This was 4 yrs ago and I still have not received my SSI or my Medicade back. Now I am trying to revoke this non revocable trust that never did what I opened for. A special needs trust because I have Epilepsy. I ended up getting married because I couldn't take it anymore
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: MD
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The trust has cut my payments off in march of 2016 when I cashed a survivor benefit check that I did not put in the trust because it was made out to me and I need the money for bills
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. Would it possible for you to attach the trust so I can see the terms?

Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 1 month ago.

I do think that you need to talk to a local estate attorney that can help you with the problem you're having with the trust and your SSI. If you let me know what city you are in I can try and find you a list of qualified attorneys. This is something that I would strongly recommend that you not try to handle yourself.