How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Husband died leaving a policy to mom instead of wife and

Customer Question

husband died leaving a policy to mom instead of wife and child. Can the policy be modified.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: policy should be to wife and child
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: New York
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Marriage license and birth certificate
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: husband was an addict when he died. 3 year old child.
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 3 months ago.
I am very sorry to hear this. We're marital funds used to pay for the policy?