Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I need to probate a will in TX. The estate is only about…

I need to probate a...
I need to probate a will in TX. The estate is only about 2500.00 and the funeral expenses are about that. I am the listed as executor and on a the bank account. The bank says I need a minument of title or probate. not sure what to do as the cheapest route?
5/15/2017
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. In this situation, an uncontested muniment of title is the cheaper route. The Muniment of Title process is meant to be used when there was a will and the estate has few assets. This procedure bypass full probate, and provided that there are no technical issues, should be considerably cheaper.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your utmost satisfaction. If I have done this, please rate with five stars and click FINISH. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. It does not cost anything extra to rate. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can I do the minument of title

Yes, you can. However, it is recommended to use counsel.

Kind Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or please rate positively and click FINISH to submit your rating once satisfied. You may always ask follow ups at no charge before or after rating. "I STRIVE FOR FIVE!"

Ely, Counselor at Law
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started