How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19479
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My parents remodeled a barn/tack shed and turned it into a

Customer Question

My parents remodeled a barn/tack shed and turned it into a guest house back in the early 90s now they want to sell their property but have an undetermined structure and now are worrying themselves sick. i am trying to find some answers for them and convince them to talk to the city and do whats necessary to permit the guest house it will raise value of property significantly .... need some advise
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: sure glendale az
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i already found out the zoning is fine just fyi
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i think i am good
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

I am so sorry to read about this.

The only choice here would be to come clean and let the City know what happened and ask for opportunity to correct the error with directions from the City.

Best wishes,