Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

CLA Estate Services has set up my revocable living trust. My…

CLA Estate Services has set...
CLA Estate Services has set up my revocable living trust. My first year with MAJOR corrections I am finding my phone calls, mail and faxes unanswered. I am wondering, I have some items in the trust and still working on getting the rest (myself) in the trust. I have come to a blank wall. Will a Attorney pick this up (I can pay small fee) and finish it or am I going to have start all over. I live in Conroe, Texas
5/11/2017
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If you have a fairly simple revocable living trust that just needs amendments, you can amend the trust yourself by just executing a written Amendment to the trust after downloading a template form from a site like USLegalforms.com. There is no legal requirement for a person to hire a firm or an attorney to draft a trust or an Amendment to a trust.

.

See this link: TX Trust Amendment

.

OR this one: TX Revocable Living Trust

.

That site provides state specific forms that comply with all state requirements for legality.

.

Or if you just wanted to start fresh, you can download an entirely new template trust and complete it yourself from the website or use a service like Rocketlawyer or Legalzoom to walk you through setting one up yourself.

.

Any of these options will be much less expensive than hiring an attorney to assist as most attorneys will not want to correct problems with an existing trust and will want to charge you to draft an entirely new one..

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Attorney
Barrister, Attorney