How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6423
Experience:  20 yrs of professional experience.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister has a reverse mortgage problem...she is the non

Customer Question

my sister has a reverse mortgage problem...she is the non borrowing spous and her husband passed awat in Sept. and her rmo conmpany is wanting to forclose on her.we need an attorney who specialized in non borrowing spous issues. her name is ***** ***** in pasadena *************. JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? Customer: my name is eve ************* calif JA: Has anything been filed or reported? Customer: now but it looks like forclosed action is perhaps going to happen,,she has send in all info necessary to get house in here nam but...??? JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: can he call her directly? Im her sister and she knows all the details..but really needs an attorney to look into this for her. no **************

Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.

Senate Bill 1150, the Homeowner Survivor Bill of Rights (SBOR), was signed into law on September 29, 2016. The law took effect in January, 2017. The legislation ensures that heirs receive accurate information about loan assumption and foreclosure prevention programs, and also gives survivors a single point of contact with the lender and the ability to simultaneously apply for loan assumption and modification. We are not permitted to represent JA's customers or to refer any particular lawyer to them, however this link may help you find the right lawyer.

Note: Just Answer’s site disclaimer apply to all services including premium services. This information may not be correct, complete or reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. Please do not act or fail to act based on it alone. Most follow-up questions are answered within 24 hours. Please assign a feedback rating when we are done so JA will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.

Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.

P.S. Please remember to assign a positive feedback rating on this so that Just Answer will compensate me for this answer. Thank you.