Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

24 years ago I was administrator of my mothers estate, there

Customer Question

24 years ago I was administrator of my mothers estate, there are two properties that should have been distributed to my brother, but title was not transferred. One is a deeded membership, the other is a small undeveloped land parcel. Both are in Virginia. Our sister does not want either, and I want my brother to have them both. What is my recourse? Both
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Both properties were listed as assets when I filed for administrator
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is about all.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
When you administered the estate, did it go through the probate court and get closed out with an order to transfer the deeds?