Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

Our parents passed away leaving three daughters there

Customer Question

Our parents passed away leaving three daughters there property. The only problem we have is the house is listed as Frank carpenter and pauline carpenter living trust fund listing daughters to receive once there passing
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pomona, California also we want to sale the house can we do it as is or do we legally need to change it to all three daughters names through the court which would be La county
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We have court documents we filed after they passed we obtained an attorney who filed our court documents stating all property goes to the three daughters equally
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. When the realtor printed out the house listing information it had our father and I think our mother name showing there placing it in the living trust fund which is the three of us daughters
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Who is named as trustee of the trust?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
All three daughters parents did not want any fighting amongst there daughters

Ok, I think you mean the the daughters are the "beneficiaries", as in the ones who receive the assets from the trust..

.

The trustee is the one in charge of the trust, like an executor for a will..

.

Or are you saying that all 3 siblings were all trustees of the trust as well as beneficiaries?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
as we understand it

Ok, if all the siblings are also trustees, then you can either sell the house out of the trust directly to someone, you would all just sign off as trustees on any contract.

.

Or you could deed the house out of the trust to all the siblings personally and then sell it..

.

It would be a bit pointless and redundant to take it out of the trust with a deed to transfer it to the siblings just so it could be sold.. So if it were me, I would just sell it out of the trust, then divide up the money 3 ways and disburse it to the siblings and close the trust.

.

.

thanks