How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm going on 62 and my husband will be 65 in Feb of next

Customer Question

my name is*****'m going on 62 and my husband will be 65 in Feb of next year. We have 1 son together, I have a child before him and he has 3 kids (all over 30 years of age). W E NEED a will and only want to get things in order.
JA: What are the assets in question?
Customer: We'er looking in to reverse mortgage ,to make sure that only the asset go were we need and most of it to our grandkids
JA: Estate planning laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: louisiana
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes ,we also want to know about things we do before death IF one of us have a new mate that , the grandkids are covered.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.

You want to have reciprocal wills, and consider having assets in trust for protection from creditors. Consider also having healthcare proxy and powers of attorney done at the same time.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.

Normally, an estate lawyer locally can prepare all of these for you quickly and cheaply, for is a good directory

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I agree to the $41 to get my answer but if I need to talk to someone I need to pay $ 59.00 more ?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.

No need for a call, ignore that

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.

Is the answer I provided clear?