Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I have inherited a home from parents along with 4 other

Customer Question
I have inherited a...

I have inherited a home from parents along with 4 other siblings, one sister wants this house due to our mother being ill with stage 4 brain cancer, if I do not sign the legal document to allow her to have the home, what happens to the home. Oh and my sister does not want my mother to go thru radiation. Does the home go to her automatically or does it go to the estate.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I have received documents to sign from her lawyer Affidavit of Heirship, my other siblings have signed, but I am not comfortable with the whole idea.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so, I have the document to go over with her, but at this point I would rather my mother sell the home and go live with my older sister that wants to take care of her.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
4/1/2017
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I am a little confused by your comments..

.

If mother is still living, how did you inherit her home?

.

Whose name is ***** ***** deed right now?

.

What is it that someone is asking you to sign?

.

If you can give me a little more of the back story, I should be able to figure out what is going on here..

.

.

thanks