Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My father past away 25 years ago and my step mother recently…

Customer Question
My father past away...

My father past away 25 years ago and my step mother recently passed. There is a home in mesa az that was owned by both of the parties stated above. My step sister put the house up for sale and ran into a problem with it. My sister and I are the daughters of my father. My step siter told my sister the house is in probate and when my sister asked why, my step sister isn't giving us much information. Can you help?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I'm not sure but my step siiter told my sister she has to get a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, thankyou

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I currently live in Alabama and my sister lives in Coolidge Arizona. The home is in Mesa Arizona and located on West Impala Circle. ( I don't know the house number) My father's Name is***** and my step mom went by Katarina Bogetic-Novak.
4/1/2017
Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

It is possible that Stepmother did not have clear or unencumbered title to the property, and therefore the estate is having problems finalizing the sale. That's about the only thing I can think of. If it turns out that you and your sister acquired some interest in the property when your father died, then you will hear from a lawyer very shortly with an explanation of some kind.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.