Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I have just completed my Will and other pertinent documents…

Customer Question
I have just completed...

I have just completed my Will and other pertinent documents for my estate. Now I realize my property is in the Jessup-Sinclair Trust. Mr. Sinclair died in 2002 and I have the affidavit stating I am the sole Trustee. I have the form to Revoke the Trust and the form that says I have the right to revoke. I plan on completing a "Preliminary Change of Ownership Report" for the San Diego County Recorder and submitting change of ownership from the Trust to my regular legal name. Two questions: Have I covered the necessary steps?, and the second question, "Are there any other entities that I must notify of the Trust name change?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm sorry, San Diego County, California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I just thought of this yesterday.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
3/22/2017
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 1 year ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You do not have to notify anyone here.As long as there is a fiduciary deed from you as trustee to yourself, individually you have transferred the assets and ended the trust.Just record the deed here to complete the property transfer and that should do it.You have the right idea here to complete the deed and transfer and thats all there is to it.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.