How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 56867
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It's quite complicated, but undoubtedly, I have a case here.

Customer Question

It's quite complicated, but undoubtedly, I have a case here. I'd prefer not to sue my father who is still my trustee almost a decade after my uncles last will and testemant stated that the trust was to be terminated once the beneficiary turned 25. He has sold land that my grandfather gave to me without my knowledge or consent, he did not have an actual trust account for 2 years. So that's 2 years of unaccounted for checks. He has involved me in major lawsuits that I wanted nothing to do with but did so anyway as my trustee. He has been recklessly bold and audacious with the management of my trust dating back to 1999. He seems to truly believe that my money is his money and If he's in a good mood he'll send it to me as if he's doing me a favor. Most important f the time he's not in a good mood and has never been responsible with his own finances, much less my own. I asked him to please resign when I turned 25 in 2009. He said no, because he'd never hear from me again. He's hired private investigators to not only hack all of my accounts, phone, email, social media etc.. but also harass me. I was traumatized for years and still, it lingers and flares up on occasion. I tried to take my own life throughout the course of that heartbreaking, heartless, greedy, dirt, manipulation & mind games - several confounding and truly unbelievable invasions of my human rights and privacy. My brother sued him in 2006 for mismanagement of his trust. I was horrified and wanted nothing to do with it. So I stayed out of it. He is EXTREMELY paranoid that I am going to sue him, because Im the one that he won't be able to come up with what he needs to for any forensic accountant or judge to deem any of his conduct regarding my money - ethical or in my best interest. I don't want to hurt him, but he doesn't really care about how the things he does and has done has negatively effected me. The trust should be terminated. He won't call to resign. The only time he even considered it was when he got remarried and he had his attorney send me an email with a document to sign and have notarized allowing his a FULL RELEASE, stating or claiming "no responsibility for my trust money from the past present or that could potentially arise in the future" I didn't sign and he waged war. I'm exhausted and just need a way out. What are my Best options?
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 5 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. If you do not want to be involved in a lawsuit what do you want to do?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It took 4 days for a lawyer to answer my question with a question?
I'd like to resolve these things peacefully & get what is an has been rightfully mine. without having to live with his wrath for the rest or his or my life & without my father ending up in jail, regardless of what he's done- unethical, manipulative, controlling, criminal.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 5 months ago.

First of all, I picked up your question because it showed up as unanswered. I am only trying to help. The site generally keeps track of those customers that are waiting. My apologies that the site did not get back to you sooner.

Another reason that no Attorney's responded may be tat you do not want to pursue the obvious solution. This makes things a little more difficult, if not impossible, as Attorneys can only work within the parameters of the law.

I will opt out as you clearly unhappy with my service.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
please. I'd like to know what my options are. I realize that's years of litigation and investigation - foresnic accountants requesting copies of checks in my name dating back to 1999, explaining how he's managed to receive loans 6k 10k in my name, open a business checking account as my "trust account" joint with his bonus and personal checking account. When he deposits my trust money it comes out as a transfer from his account to mine , some of which he noted as "medical"
I'm angry, exchausted, and have expressed to him orally and written, that cannot live this way anymore. He'll typically apologize, send money to shut me up, and not budge OR ask me to call The Bruni mineral trust and request for him to resign, which they've expressed to me numerous times that he has to be the one to proceed with the resignation and turn over my interest to me and subsequently the checks would be sent directly to me. He spies on every transaction I make. This has gone on for over a decade. I'm not sure how many years he has left in him. I feel like a terrified and her captor hostage that doesn't want to harm or escape from her captive. That is not the case. He's an unforgiving viscous man if you cross him. I don't want to have to deal with that and getting cut out of his Will, but I'm barely hanging on here.
Thank you for your response.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Often mediation or lawyer negotiation can help bring on a settlement as the other side realizes risk and cost!Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow upKindly rate me five stars.

Related Estate Law Questions