How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in probate stage of distribution, and a court order

Customer Question

i am in probate stage of distribution, and a court order custodian has been place on my daughter's heir, i do not trust is custodian, i don't have much to pay for attorney,
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: state of Nevada
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: court documents
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think this has limited time line
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 8 months ago.

Are you saying that you are the executor of the will, and your daughter's heirs are minors? And the court appointed someone to represent them?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm mother of the child with heir, executor of the will is my ex-sister in law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i would like to contest the order of final distribution,due to distribution amount does't match with my calculation,and need to be reviewed, with removal of the court appointed custodian
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 8 months ago.

Okay. So, you are the grandmother of your daughter's child; and the court appointed a custodian for the child. I suppose the Father your Daughter (your ex-husband) died. So, your ex-husband died and left moneys to your daughter and your grandchild, and the court appointed a custodian for your grandchild. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my ex-mother-in -law,passed away,in state,her will was not notarized,so my ex-sister-in law hired attorney,probate, they used her un-notarized will,with half estate to my husband who has passed away,heir from the father, my children are the heir,of half of the estate now, that i have clarify to all of the relationship between estate and the heir,i would like to petition to contest the order,should i contact someone in town
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 8 months ago.

Yes. If you want to object to the probate of the will, or to object to the accounting, it is best to contact a local attorney to help you with the paperwork and appear for you in court.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what kind of form may I use. If I counldnt't afford attorney, referr anyone in Sparks ,Navada. ?
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 8 months ago.

You can attempt to call the court to see what form you could use. Otherwise, you would search a legal database for a form you could use. The phone number of the Court Clerk: Maureen Conway is Telephone:(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you